I took Claire into the Kidney center today and it was a great visit. Long…from 1:00- 4:30...but good. Mary, Claire's nurse, taught me how to do the daytime exchanges that we will need to do twice a day from now on. The plan is to do 12 hours of nighttime peritoneal dialysis, from 8:00 am till 8:00 pm. Then do a peritoneal dialysis exchange during the day at noon and another one at 4:00 pm. The exchanges are simply a mini dialysis where I hook Claire up to the dialysis machine and it fills her peritoneum up with a sugar solution. An exchange is made where toxins are taken out and replaced with this solution. Then I am able to disconnect her and do whatever, wherever. Four hours later I hook her up again and drain it out and fill her up again. Then I am able to unhook her until the nighttime dialysis begins at 8:00. Before her nighttime treatment, it will drain her again and then start the normal 12 hour dialysis. The theory is that the more times she is on dialysis, the more oxalate that will be removed from her body. So in every way, we are optimizing her dialysis... With the fill volume, the last fill volume, and the overall dialysis time. Through faith, fasting, and prayers, Claire's oxalate level will lower, if it be God's will for Claire and our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment