Claire got her dressing changed today on her catheter. (Meaning they take off the old bandage/tegaderm/tape that holds the line in place, clean it, and tape it all back up again). We do this once a week. I think today is the first day I can remember that she hasn't fussed a single word about it. I held her the whole time and she seriously never whimpered a word of complaint. She holds her arm up the whole time and takes it all in like a champ. Amazing.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Day 10
Today we got off to a slow start because the machine wasn't ready when we got there. Only slightly bothersome...but can't let something like that throw things off. It could be a lot worse (as we've experienced in days past). A half and hour later we were up and going and had a smooth run from there on out. The medicine (TPA) we put in her catheter ports helps her run a lot better and we're going to start putting that in more often. Benson came to with us again and he was such a good boy today. He watched Cars while we watched Baby Einstein, we played bubbles, had a tea party, read a book or two, played puppets, and sang a few songs. Benson and I took a walk around the hospital, which inevitably turned into a race that he won, of course.
Claire got her dressing changed today on her catheter. (Meaning they take off the old bandage/tegaderm/tape that holds the line in place, clean it, and tape it all back up again). We do this once a week. I think today is the first day I can remember that she hasn't fussed a single word about it. I held her the whole time and she seriously never whimpered a word of complaint. She holds her arm up the whole time and takes it all in like a champ. Amazing.


Claire got her dressing changed today on her catheter. (Meaning they take off the old bandage/tegaderm/tape that holds the line in place, clean it, and tape it all back up again). We do this once a week. I think today is the first day I can remember that she hasn't fussed a single word about it. I held her the whole time and she seriously never whimpered a word of complaint. She holds her arm up the whole time and takes it all in like a champ. Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How can it have been day 10 already?
Thanks for giving the updates. It helps me to remember that you deal with stuff every day. It also reminds me to say a little prayer for the skinners. You see, I know that prayers work now. I experienced a miracle this summer and my testimony of prayer is like a huge fire ball now.
Keep doing what you are all so awesome at!
PS>I want to see you sometime. Maybe when Claire has recovered from her transplant we can plan something. I am willing to travel! Here comes my love...
Post a Comment