Claire will have surgery #4 or #5 (I've lost count) tomorrow morning to remove her pertineal dialysis catheter. It shouldn't be too major of a surgery for her, as they will simply be removing her catheter. Our doctors have decided NOT to replace the catheter right away. They are going to do some more tests this coming week to determine if they feel she even needs to continue the PD dialysis. The hemo dialysis is what is doing MOST of the work in getting the oxalate out of her body, but our doctor at Mayo also does feel there are advantages to her being on both kinds of dialysis. So we may not do the PD dialysis for the rest of this month, unless the labs they run this coming week show otherwise. If when we get to Minnesota the first of September our doctor at the Mayo wants to resume the PD, we will have one placed out there and start back up with it. I suppose we'll just take it as it comes. Two differeing opinions from two different doctors. We obviously just want what is best for Claire, and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.
Claire is amazing. She goes through a lot. I'm still amazed at her and how well she handles everything. Truly blessed. We'll be glad when tomorrow is over and everything has gone well.
Our official move date is scheduled for August 29. We'll leave right after Claire finishes dialysis around noon and drive at least half way. Most likely, we'll end up staying the night somewhere in between here and there and arrive in Rochester, MN August 30. Here comes a fun-filled month of de-junking, packing, messes, movies (to keep the kids busy), boxes, and tape!
6 comments:
I wish I could be there to help!!! Packing is so much work, especially with kids! I hope this month is a good one for you and that it goes by quickly and smoothly!
That poor little Claire!! I hope she doesn't need to get a new one in so she can have a break from those darn infections! It would nice if she could go for a bit without it. It's hard when the doctors don't agree. Ah! My mom always says that doctors are really "practicing" medicine. I hope things go well today too. I will pray for y'all. (now i know it really does help.)
Good luck with everything. We will be praying for little Claire and I hope the surgery goes well. I like Adelle wish I was there to help! packing with kids is not fun. I hope all goes well and we love you!
I hope the surgery went well. You've been in my thoughts all weekend... I fasted for your family yesterday & I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
It will be nice for Claire to get a little break from her nightly dialysis. (And hopefully a nice break for you, too!) At least it will be one less thing for you to deal with while you are trying to pack & get ready to move. I hope everything goes smooth with the move. I'm sure it will be tough (all moves are), but it will be for the best when Amazing Claire gets to have her transplants!! What a great day that will be!! Love you guys!! :)
You and your adorable family go through so much. You guys are strong and will be blessed. How did the surgery go? I wish I could help you pack- not a pleasant task, but good luck with the move
Natalie, we are praying for little Claire. What an AMAZING girl! And YEA for packing--not so much. I'm there with you. Ryan is already in Houston, and we were supposed to move August 29th, but now . . . we are moving in less than two weeks. Fun times. Anyway, hope all goes well.
Good LUCK!!
Post a Comment