Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home, Health & Faith

It's definitely not a fun thing to have your house on the market. I'm sure any of you who have been there-done that understand. Keeping it clean actually isn't the worst part. It's having to leave every time someone wants to come see it. Of course, it's usually during nap time or dinner time...and they give you a 2 hour window to be in your home for 10 minutes!! Not the ideal set-up if you ask me. On a good note, though, we have had a lot of showings since we've had it listed. 30 plus in a little over 3 weeks. Just gotta keep waiting till that one person comes and falls in love with it! Still waiting. Patiently waiting. Any day now!!

On a not-so-good note, Claire just can't seem to get a break. She now has an infection in BOTH her dialysis catheters--PD and Hemo. NOT GOOD!! I just feel so bad for the little one. Her PD catheter has been infected for about a week now and so far the antibiotics haven't gotten rid of it. The doctors and nurses keep telling us that Pseudomonious (the name of her particular infection) is such a HARD infection to get rid of. She on an IV antibiotic, an oral antibiotic, and topical cream antibiotic applied to the site. If between these three it's not gone by the end of this coming week, she will have to have the catheter removed and have another one placed on the other side of her tummy.

We just found out today (Saturday) that she now has an infection (different from the PD one) in her hemo catheter. ((YES, this is the new catheter she just had placed a few weeks ago that is now infected)) She spiked a fever while on dialysis on Friday (a good indication that an infection is possible) and sure enough the blood cultures proved positive. So she started yet another IV antibiotic on Friday to try to get rid of this particular infection. The IV antibiotics are given through her catheter line and have to be administered after dialysis....meaning an extra hour and a half after her 3 hour regular dialysis. They'll give her hemo infection two weeks from Friday to be treated with antibiotics and if it's not gone by the 22nd, they'll have to pull that line and put another one in...somewhere...I'm afraid she's going to run out of room on that little abdomen of hers! SO NOT FUN. And to top it all off, she got a yeast infection from all the antibocis killing off the good bacteria in her body that usually keep yeast infections away! So changing the diaper now is NOT a fun experience. Poor thing...I just feel like she's getting worked-over in every way possible.

I've been learning a lot about FAITH lately and it must be for a good reason. We've put our faith in God as we've put our home on the market and have complete faith and trust in Him that things will work out according to His will and timing. We're not worried about it. We don't doubt. I now need to apply faith to Claire's infections. I am worried. I don't want to see her have to go through one, maybe two more surgeries and new catheters. Faith must replace my fear. I will have faith and trust that this too will work out according to His will and timing.

3 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

Every time I read a post of a new struggle you are facing I am again in awe of your amazing heart & faith & trust that you have in all things. It would be so easy to have a "poor me" attitude with EVERYTHING you have had to deal with, but I find myself constantly learning from you. You are such an AMAZING example to me!!! Thank you for sharing your life with me & helping me to have more faith & trust that there is a greater plan at work than my own. I love you SO much & will be praying that Claire's infections go away very quickly!! GET WELL SOON, CLAIRE BEAR!! I'll also be praying that your house sells quickly!! Good Luck!!!

~adelle said...

Gosh. Sorry Nat. Sorry Claire. Sorry Bensen and Jared. I wish I could take some of this away for you. I hope your house sells fast and that Claire's infections will heal. icky stuff.

Ryan & Keri said...

You have such an amazing attitude, Natalie! We will pray that she can recover from these infections soon. And you're so right about His will. He knows what's best for all of us. These experiences, which seem like more than a lifetime for anyone, have brought your family so close together and will be memories that you will treasure for the rest of your life because of the lessons learned and the love developed. You guys are amazing. And I LOVE Claire's little letter to you. She will be forever grateful to you because of your selfless and enduring sacrifice for her. Your family is so lucky to have you.