Monday, March 2, 2009

A Woman's Work is NEVER Done!

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying.

It's a TRUE statement.

Post dialysis today....I went on a walk with the kids. We played outside. Took Claire's stool sample to UPS. Ate an Oreo. I went through the mail. Gave Claire milk. Payed bills online. Gave Benson a bath. Cleaned up the kids rooms. Warmed up dinner (sunday leftovers are the best). Milked Claire. Cleaned the dishes. Reviewed Benson's sunday lessons with him. Finally took care of the kids Valentines box, candies, and valentines. Started Claire's dialysis. Milky Milk Time. Got the kids to bed by 7:00. Cleaned the kitchen. Picked up the floor. Thought about tomorrow's dinner. Cleaned syringes. Loaded them back up with medicine. Cleaned the milk container. Loaded it back up with milk. Ate another Oreo. Started the towels in the wash. Got Benson's Special Water ready for tomorrow....and I could still clean out the fridge, sweep the floor. Throw another load in the laundry. Clean the basement. Pick up our bedroom...and the list goes ON!!

I'm sure all of our lists could go on and on! It's knowing when to say ENOUGH that counts!!

I'm going to bed. (after one more Oreo.) :)

4 comments:

RicAnn said...

I am so glad to be able to follow your family!

I totally agree with this post. I still have laundry that needs to be put away, dinner to cook, kids room to clean and errands to run :)

Ryan & Keri said...

Amen! Some nights dishes just have to be left in my kitchen or laundry has to go unfolded, because I am too spent between the other messes I'm cleaning, the other dishes, the bathrooms, the errands, the bills, etc, etc. I guess we can all say that are mothers were right--motherhood is a 24-hour job! It's a good thing we have oreos and chocolate ice cream! (And yea for Claire's numbers going down. It's still unbelieveable how high her numbers are--I guess you're just used to them being this high that it becomes nothing too abnormal/crazy to you. I'm glad she's doing better. We'll continue to pray and fast.)

** Adrian ** said...

BOY is that ever true!!! I feel that way all the time & I don't have half the stuff on my list as YOU do!! I'm grateful for the everyday stuff, though! I'm sure many years down the road when I don't have any sticky fingerprints on my glass sliding doors I am going to MISS them!!! Along with all the work comes a LOT of joy!! (I'm sure you feel the same way!!) I hope you're doing good! I've been wondering...are Claire's #'s still going down?? I hope so!

Josh and Krystal said...

Natalie- I was looking through some old college photo albums today (looking for older pictures of me and Josh) and I happened upon a little "necklace" that you and Audrey made. It said something like this "Dolor Day"- it was in the shape of a fish and it was colored orange. Too funny! HA HA HA! I think we missed it this year, but happy belated dolor day!