But as I was saying....we were extremely blessed. Many offered gifts of service to us this season through a Secret Santa left at out doorstep, many plates of holiday cookies and treats, gifts and gifts cards from the hospital, and some very generous monetary contributions...some from we know who to thank for and others sent anonymously. For all we thank God. We were humbled almost every day at the kindness, love, and generosity offered to our family. It has been a wonderful season to draw closer to Christ, remember Him, and recommit ourselves to Him.
On the fun side of it all, Benson got his hot wheels roller coaster from Santa. "Is that for me?" he asked perplexed?! Claire got some small, hopefully entertaining toys to take to the hospital to enjoy during her treatments. And the one big gift we got both the kids was a small toy kitchen for them to play with. I think it will be instrumental for Claire to at least find the fun in pretending with food since she doesn't eat anything right now. Benson is really getting into the pretend/make-believe stage and is loving being the chef of the house!
My favorite gift is my new white tennis shoes and Jareds is his 12 inch dutch oven. It was a simple Christmas filled with great memories and much to be grateful for! LIFE!
((I'll have to take a picture of my tennis shoes! I've been looking long and hard for a pair I liked and finally found them! I get happy every time I look down!))
Oh and some of the best news of all....drum roll please....BENSON IS POTTY TRAINED!!! Just another one of those proud mommy moments ((not that I really did anything. It just had to click! and it finally did!)) Actually, that was kind of the deal with the roller coaster. No diapers + big boy underwear + staying clean & dry all day = roller coaster! Simple math. We all understood the rules...it clicked with him and HAPPY DAY for everyone!!!
3 comments:
Natalie, I'm so glad that things went so well for Christmas. We too were given too generously, and it made us realize how simple we planned things and how content we were with simple. It was wonderful! I'm so excited for Benson and Claire! I LOVE the look on Claire's face and can imagine hearing Benson, "Is that for me?!" I LOVE it! And YEA for potty training! Way to go Benson!
Looks fun. I think we should all still get those fun toys like pretend kitchens, and hot wheels, how fun. But the look on our childrens faces is worth it all huh? Yeah Benson on the potty training, that is always a relief. You are in our prayers.
Lets go for a walk. You gotta break in your new shoes right???
(Ah, if only....)
Post a Comment