Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hospital Christmas Fun

Not many people can say they went to the hospital on Christmas Eve and actually had a good time! Benson, Claire and I did!

Benson got to enjoy a little virtual fun thanks to the wonders of modern technology. Santa was much too busy at the North Pole making some last minute preparations, so he visited each child via the web cam! His trusty, computer-savvy, elves delivered a plush dog with a gift card to each child! At first Benson wasn't too sure about how all this worked, but was soon delighted to tell Santa all he wanted for Christmas was a roller coaster and some shoes (hot wheels roller coaster, that is!) Claire enjoyed the computer Santa MUCH better than the real guy who came strolling in Christmas eve. The photo of her face with Santa says it all!! She was much happier tucked away in the comfort of her car seat!

The SWAT team also made a special appearance Christmas eve. The kids were so excited to become real junior police squad members with their special sticker badges and squishy police cars! Claire was actually okay with the policemen near, but especially liked the squishy police car. Benson loves watching movies with his friend Adrian who does dialysis Mon. Wed. Fri. They're good buddies and keep each other entertained.

Singing songs, getting a stocking from Santa filled with goodies, and even a story about the Grinch made Christmas eve at the hospital as good as it could be!! And having cute kids to share it with...that's really what makes Christmas fun!


7 comments:

anjie said...

Loved the pictures. Glad you had a merry Christmas!

** Adrian ** said...

So fun! The picture of Claire with the "REAL" Santa is precious!! I'm glad Benson & Claire have some good times at the hospital! The "virtual Santa" was pretty cool!! I hope you had a great Christmas!!

PS...let me know when you're ready for your blog to go back to normal & if you want your old stuff back or something new!

** Adrian ** said...

Our piano is made by Astin Weight... they are a Utah company. I don't know anything about pianos. We found it on the KSL Classifieds & bought it used from a lady in Bountiful. I think we got a pretty good deal. (We got it for less than she was asking.) Here's the link of the ad if you want to see what it looks like: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=4649915&lpid=&cat=235 (Hopefully the link will still work--it does for me!)

~adelle said...

What cute little kids. For some reason looking at those pictures made me miss you. It must be the Christmas thing. I don't know. I am glad we are still friends. :)

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

Ryan & Keri said...

Every time I read your blog, I just want to hug you. Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about Jared's job, but I'm grateful that he already found something to go forward with. How does that effect insurance? And I'm so grateful to hear about Claire's transplant(s) working out to have at Mayo. Again, let me know if you would like some numbers of people. And YEA for Christmas. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It's such a fun holiday with children.

Suz said...

I can't believe how much Claire has grown up! Her hair has gotten long too.- Your kids are so adorable....love the pictures with Santa. We miss you guys!

Rebecca said...

Okay I just posted something under my mom....so that is actually me speaking. Whoops, sorry! I just read about Claire and her lipids...that is so crazy! I had no idea that was going on. I need to check my blog more often. You guys have been through so many challenges this year. I pray that things will get better for you guys. You are ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers....we love you!