Sweet Claire is 9 1/2 months old and she has decided she has done nursing. Rebecca Allen and her two boys were here to visit two weeks ago and although we had a great time, they brought with them colds. The day they left, both Benson and Claire got a cold and that's what triggered this whole thing. Claire didn't nurse very well that week that she had a cold and now that she's over it, I guess she just decided she's OK with keeping it that way. I'm really fine with that, but I just want to make sure she still gets food through her mouth some how, and not only through her tube. Her G-tube is super convenient, but she is not going to be a strictly to bed baby. She needs to know that nourishment comes to the mouth! And the whole problem with that is that she doesn't take a bottle. So we've been working with her on a sippy cup these past few weeks and she'll take about an ounce through that. She's also liking to drink from a regular cup and will take about an ounce through that too. Definitely more work than nursing is, but worth the work in the long run. I have to realize that she is an individual too with likes and preferences. I need to follow her cues just as I hope she'll learn to follow mine! Here we go through just another one of the many transitions in the life of my sweet little baby girl!
12 lbs. 8 oz. 9 1/2 months old.
No comments:
Post a Comment