Yesterday was one of the classic two year old days, at least as far as nap time went. Benson went down for his nap a little better than usual, not putting up much of a fuss at all. I didn't hear anything from his room for the first 45 minutes of his nap and thought yay he went down just great and is sleeping like a champ! Little did I know what was going on behind a closed door. Then the doorbell rang-it was the UPS man-and after that I heard some noise coming from upstairs. Great he's not asleep like I thought. Or he was asleep and the doorbell woke him up. A few minutes later I decided to go and see if I could figure out what was going on. As I walked around the corner, he was looking out the door and quickly shut the door as he saw me approach. I quietly went in and to my surprise, saw baby wipes all over the room. Then I noticed there was a white paste on some of the wipes. Upon further examination, I recognized the paste a diaper rash cream. Then it all started coming together. His Mickey Mouse stuffed animal was covered in diaper cream with a diaper that he was obviously trying to put on too! Not only Mickey but Mr. bear and the majority of his bedspread and sheets were spotted with cream!
Wait, it gets better.
I haven't said a word yet as I begin to take out the sheets. I put the sheets, stuffed animals, and other tainted items in the hallway and got another blanket and pillow for Benson. I said "night night" and left.
So I started the laundry and didn't expect him to go to sleep. Another 30 minutes went by and I suddenly heard his heard his door open and close real fast. As I walked upstairs, I thought I smelled something unusual. Outside of his room, I saw the extra blanket and pillow I had given him. I opened his door and saw him sitting on his bed with a bottle of hand sanitizer in his lap. There was hand sanitizer everywhere! I first smelled his mouse to make sure he hadn't eaten any. He hadn't put any in his mouth, but it was just about everywhere else. Blanket and pillow outside of his room were covered in sanitizer and it was all over his mattress pad and rug.
Oh, the joys of toddler hood. I suppose this is a say not uncommon to almost every parent of a two year old. What a boring (and much cleaner life) we would have without these inquisitive, "I can do everything by myself" little-guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment