Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Here we go!

Well, Claire's blood cultures came back negative....so the antibiotic is doing it's job and we don't have to switch her catheter out! YEAH!! She's doing very well now and is off and officially walking!! Such a big (little) girl!!

We're getting ready for our trip to Mayo. We'll leave Saturday, 24, and will be out there till February 4. We've got a full line up while we're out there. Appointments every morning then dialysis every afternoon from 1-4. She'll be admitted Mon-Wed for a few inpatient procedures and then we'll stay in the Ronald McDonald house the rest of the time. Claire will HATE it, I'm sure. Not knowing/trusting ANYONE....limited naps....procedures, tests, and exams galore! Good thing she forgives quickly (but forget, she doesn't!) Benson's schedule will be a bit more relaxed. Few blood/urine tests and other exams...but nothing too damaging! He's amazingly understanding when we need to do 'work' on him...so I'm sure he'll do just great!

Lots to pack!

I'll try to keep this updated while we're out there...((mostly for my own sake so I can remember before things get all mumbo-jumbo in my little mind.))

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

I'm so glad her infection is going away. Won't it be so nice to get on your way to the NEXT step of treatment? I can't wait to hear about everything you learn/find out from Mayo. I will be thinking about you!!

TaYloRcD5 said...

Yeah..... no infection. Good luck on your trip to the Mayo Clinic. We will be praying for you. Keep us posted!!!

Ryan & Keri said...

We've already started saying extra prayers and will continue to do so. I'm so grateful that you guys get to go out there and glad that Claire's infection cleared up. Keep us posted. And again, let me know if you want some telephone numbers for local Priesthood holders/ward meetings.

Rebecca said...

GOOD LUCK! I hope the trip goes smoothly for you guys! Claire's a trooper, I'm sure she'll do great.

Mom/Grandma Shirlene said...

To quote Little Red Riding Hood from the Broadway play Into the Woods:
"...well, EXCITING AND SCARED!"
What a happy day this is! I have looked forward to having you meet with the Mayo for over a year now. This is a GIANT step! So few steps left to go until the precious "leap" from daily dialysis into hopeful transplant.

~adelle said...

What an adventure! Be sure to find room in your bags to pack a box of my love and a container of my healing energy. That should help you face all the craziness and the unknown. I love you guys. YEAH, the next phase is beginning...

P.S. I am working on a little something for you and Jared. You will be very happy to get it...(maybe when you guys get back it will be ready for shipment.)

Randi said...

Hey Natalie. We are thinking of you guys. Keep us posted. Hope everything goes smoothly!