This is one of my most favorite times of the year! I love the still warm/not hot/cool evening weather, the candy-corns on the kitchen table, and the anticipation of the coming holidays! One of the best parts about this fall has been picking the tomatoes, carrots, and squash from my garden. The spinach was also a BIG favorite but I devoured all of that the first part of this summer! The tomatoes have especially gone out of control! I planted 3 tomato plants and they literally overtook the entire garden! No complaints from me, though. In my opinion, there are few things better in life than a fresh picked tomato from the garden. That's what makes a sandwich SPECTACULAR, a salad UNFORGETTABLE, and an afternoon snack HEALTHY!!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Happy Fall
This is one of my most favorite times of the year! I love the still warm/not hot/cool evening weather, the candy-corns on the kitchen table, and the anticipation of the coming holidays! One of the best parts about this fall has been picking the tomatoes, carrots, and squash from my garden. The spinach was also a BIG favorite but I devoured all of that the first part of this summer! The tomatoes have especially gone out of control! I planted 3 tomato plants and they literally overtook the entire garden! No complaints from me, though. In my opinion, there are few things better in life than a fresh picked tomato from the garden. That's what makes a sandwich SPECTACULAR, a salad UNFORGETTABLE, and an afternoon snack HEALTHY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Your garden did GREAT!!! And I love the leaves. The weather was so nice while we were there; that part made it difficult to come back here. (Although the weather has been much cooler here, so I need to stop complaining.)
YUMMMMMM!! I am so jealous of your garden! I really miss the HUGE garden we always did when I was a kid--my parents still have a big garden, but we don't get down there NEAR enough!
I love Fall too!! Isn't it WONDERFUL when it cools down just enough & isn't too cold yet! I LOVE IT!!
EEEEE NUT AND COMPANY...isn't it funny how similar the messages are on our Oct. 1st entries...I love your blog! Diana and I just watched the video with Claire...she is so adorable and seems so strong...Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment