Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Service

I have to just write a quick note about the amazing example I received from my friends about service. Since Claire's difficulties began, we have had dinner brought to our house every week. While in the hospital, we had dinner every night. Since we've been home, I have told the sisters in relief society that I don't need anymore brought over. But there have been a couple of friends who insist on bringing dinners every week. Carey Dennis and Brenda McLeish have been such a great example of service to me. They say they know they don't have to do it anymore, but just want to help out and lighten her burden in anyway they can. Although I almost insist they don't bring any more over (simply because I don't want to burden them) they still continue to do so even two months after we've been home. And I just have to say how appreciative I am of it. What a blessing a simple things such as a dinner can be. My days are so busy with taking care of Claire's needs. It has been such a great burden lifted for me to know that there are at least two days (plus leftover days) that I don't have to worry about fixing dinner!

I have learned a lot from their active service and hope to give back to others as they have so greatly given to me. This since I will stay with me for the rest of my life and has change the way I look at service. Do it because you want to, not because you have to.  Do it when others insist you don't need to. Because they probably still need it. Do it out of love.

No comments: